Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday's over?

Wow - today flew by!! The kids were home for the holiday which usually makes the day drag but not today...I can't believe it is almost dinner time! Today was the technique challenge over on SCS - Japanese Stab Binding This was a new one for me, so I gave it a try...

Click photo for a closer look - All images by DRS Designs.


I actually started this card last night and when I saw the challenge, I made a few minor changes and added the binding! The sentiment is a new release from DRS and boy is what it say, the truth!! Each year I say I'm going to get things done early (like everyone else) and every year I'm scrambling (like everyone else!)!! I stamped the holly image repeatedly and colored with markers. The sentiment is stamped in black craft and heat embossed with clear powder - the sentiment piece is adhered with pop dots to the holly panel. I scored the top for folding and then added the ribbon and an extra bow. I like it!

Next up is one I was able to squeeze in over the weekend...I have a few more but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for some of those!!! All new release images so make sure you check back throughout the week.

I named this Blue Christmas and now that song is stuck in my head!



The sentiment and sleigh images are new releases. The blue background is stamped with the snowflake background in white stazon. I stamped the blue images on watercolor paper and machine stitched around the perimeter with two different colors of thread. I added just a little bit of dazzling diamonds on the bottom and then some silver cord on the side fold. I made the photo corner from a square punch and then added some jewels.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today...thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

They are both gorgeous! I especially love the holly background of the first one, and the cute verse!

Alhambra Club said...

What lovely cards love the paper on your first card and that sleigh stamp is beautiful

Related Posts with Thumbnails