Friday, November 2, 2007

A Sneak Peek with a Twist!

**Yes, I changed back to fallish colors but I did leave the Breast Cancer site button so you can still continue to click daily to help fund Mammograms for women in need**

If you've been following my blog, you know that from now until November 7 I'll be featuring sneak peeks of two new CC Designs sets. Typically those sneaks are in the form of a card (for me anyway) but today I thought I would change things up. Don't worry, I have a card AND something different. I was going to wait to post the "something different" but was too excited to share them with you.

So, here is the card...Meet Lulu...



LuLu is the main image in Lulu's Sweet Treats! I'm expecting some happy mail today with my designer paper (dp) order - I procrastinated and have the ideas piling up in my head with how I'm going to use it (that is what I get for waiting ;-) ), but in the meantime I made my own dp using the smaller stamps in the set. This set features Lulu (she's the biggest image), two sentiments and four smaller images. The "dp" is colored with Copic Markers and the holly berries have red glitter glue on them. I colored Lulu with SU! markers and cut her out. I colored her gum drop and added dazzling diamonds...I cut that out as well and adhered it slightly behind her. As you can see, she fits on the mega scallop punch.. I pierced the scallops and outlined the holes with a white gel pen. The ribbon is from Walmart and I'm almost out - how could that be?!

And now for the twist...a non-card project!!! Yeah!! These are gift tags/ornaments made from chipboard coasters.





For the first set, I cut the plain coasters using my sizzix oval tag die (using the largest in the set of three) and stamped them with classic black ink. I colored them with my SU! markers...I tried coloring them with my Copics but the ink was bleeding so I had to start over. Once they were colored I heat embossed them with several layers of UTEE, I then added an eyelet and some ribbon and they were done!

**As you can see both sets work really well together! The tree image actually belongs to Lucky in his Christmas Wishes set. They are both so cute how could you not have them both, right??!!

The second set was again made with coasters but this time I used my cuttlebug scallop dies. Again, using the largest shape in each set. I cut the shapes from some scrap dp and adhered them together. I stamped the smaller images from Lulu's Sweet Treats, colored them with markers, added dazzling diamonds to the gum drop and white gel pen to the bon bon and covered each with a bubble sticker. I added some jewels for sparkle. Quick and easy tags/ornaments - two gifts in one!!!

I hope you are enjoying the sneak peeks - be sure to check out the blogs of the other design team member for more awesome projects. The list is on my sidebar.

I'll be back later with something for today's limited supply challenge!
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails