Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hello again...

if you missed my post from earlier today with the sneak peek of one of the new sets to be released by CC Designs on November 7, be sure to scroll down to the post before this one...

**************************

Today being Thursday, it was the Ways to Use it Challenge over on SCS...using chalk inks...I love my chalk inks and really don't use them as much as I should! I use Colorbox inks and they give such a nice soft look, they work well with clear stamps and even though they look like craft pads, they dry like classic/dye ink pads! So, here are my cards...both pretty simple for today...why is it when you have the whole day to do whatever you want you really don't accomplish much? Maybe I'm just tired from all the walking we did last night...anyway...here they are...

This first one was done with a GinaK image...there was a special sketch challenge over on SCS last night and this morning in honor of the revamping of her website...I was too tired to stay up last night so I made a quick card this morning and submitted it for the challenge just at the deadline...I think the total time making this card was no more than 10 minutes...part of that time spent selecting what GinaK image to use! I didn't win but I had fun and now I have a cute card to send to someone!



I used a reverse mask using a scallop punch cut out (or what was left after it was punched!) and sponged my craft ink inside. I then stamped my image in two different craft inks. One has it's wings highlighted with a Sakura Stardust pen. I added a Making Memories paper flower and a sentiment charm by Daisy Hill to the center. Of course I added a few jewels and that seemed to be the finishing touch.

My next card is using a sentiment and images by DRS Designs.



DRS has so many great sentiments to choose from so I decided I would let one of them be the main focus of my card today. Again everything is stamped in chalk inks. I stamped a star background for the top of the card (using yesterdays sketch) and a snow flake background for the bottom. The focal image is adhered to silver paper and then some sparkly paper that I tore to fit behind it. It it mounted directly on the organdy ribbon...the metal snowflake is adhered with a jewel brad. I got the flakes and some other shapes yeeeeeaaaaarrrrrssssss ago from Oriental Trading Co. (Have I mentioned I like to hoard things?!) To be honest, I think the card looks better IRL! Must be the way the blue is presented in the photo.

Can you believe it is November 1 (almost 2) already?! Gosh, I better get on the stick for Christmas presents...and cards...maybe if I'm strong and ONLY use what is in my closet for my handmade gifts this year I will be able to clean it up a little and start the new year on the right foot...what do you think? Can I do it? (LOL)

I hope you enjoyed your visit...stop by tomorrow to meet LuLu from Lulu's Sweet Treats - the second set of two being released November 7.

See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your first card with the reverse technique, it is lovely and your second card is great, the way you did the sentiment with the snowflake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails