Friday, November 16, 2007

Yesterday's Challenge..

was the ways to use it challenge - unique brads...



My brad is my holly berry. I found these large metallicy brads some time ago - I think they are made by Nicole - they came in a pack of red and green. I love them! This box is a wooden tote that I found at Michaels...I "plan" to package all the teacher gifts in these this year...you can see an ornament (posted a week or so ago here) and a small notebook inside. Once all the gifts are completed I will post the whole ensemble so you can really see it. The holly leaf is sizzix. You'll notice that the smaller scallop square is stamped on...I used the scallop frame from my Ribbons and Frames set by A Chemistry With Paper. I added some ribbon and more tiny brads around the box. The pretty paper is by Provo Craft. I traced the box, cut out the pieces and then adhered with modgepodge. I sanded the edges and rubbed on some chocolate chip ink. After all that, I gave the outside a coat of modgepodge. It dries quickly so it's really not a time intensive project...unless you're making 6-8 of them!!!

Unfortunately I had to pass on the Limited Supplies challenge over on SCS today...time just hasn't been on my side this week...hopefully I can get back on track this weekend!
See you soon...

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

Beautiful project, and the brad berry looks fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails