Sunday, December 9, 2007

I had every intention...

of coming back on Friday with another post! It is now Sunday! Boy, those chores take a long time!!! I finally finished them, we had our party on Friday night (it was a little ify there for a while - we had a snowstorm Friday afternoon that made the roads a nightmare), everyone came and it was a success. I spent most of the day yesterday either at basketball games or in the car driving here there and everywhere! So, I'm back today to get caught up and hopefully get my Xmas cards done!

Where did I leave off?? Let's see...

Thursday's ways to use it challenge was tape...

First, I posted this candy cane gift bag...all images by A Chemistry With Paper...it is a shaker bag and the tag has sticky tape coated with microbeads.



I cut a square in the kraft bag with my coluzzle and made a shaker box inside...the red frame around the square is a sizzix die. This would be a great bag for a gift card or other small gift item.

Next up was my glitter man card...
Images by DRS Designs. This was a fun card but involved ALOT of cutting!!!




The "tape" is packing tape. I stamped snowflakes in white craft onto the sticky side of the tape, covered that with dazzling diamonds and adhered it to the card. The tape is actually on the inside of the card and the top half of the card front is cut off. I stamped the trees on scrap cardstock, colored, cut and the layered them onto the front of the card. The sparkle paper is by Bazzill/doodlebug sugar coated and can be found at All That Scraps. I stamped the snowman, colored, cut him out and layered him over the trees with pop dots.

I was able to sneak this one in just before things started to get hectic on Friday...I call her glitter angel!
Images by DRS Designs.



The card base is cut a little shorter than usual so that even though the top of the card extends over, it will still fit in an envelope. I used the same sparkle paper on the card base. The angel was stamped in blue and then the sentiment in black. The ribbon is from Michaels - isn't it pretty?! I added a jewel brad. Her wings and halo are highlighted with a Sakura Stardust pen.

Stay tuned this week - I have some new DRS Designs images to share with you and who knows what else?! You'll just have to stop by and see!!!
See you soon...

1 comment:

Sharron Lynne said...

I love the candybag and the sparkly snowman. I think your idea with the packing tape is super. I can't wait to try it. I love the milk carton idea too. I want to try both. I am so happy I found your blog (through SplitCoast) and have subsribed. You have lots of wonderful ideas and technigues.

Related Posts with Thumbnails