Monday, December 10, 2007

Therapeutic?

Would you consider cutting things in fine detail soothing or comforting? Well, apparently I do! Even though cutting is tedious...as witnessed in this project I'm about to show you and my last DRS snowman card, I enjoy cutting things out! Here is a project I completed last night for dd's CCD teacher...(click on photo for a closer look)



This is a milk carton made from acetate (transparency sheet) and a template that I have had forever and finally opened, from PSX! The stamps on the cardstock strip are by A Chemistry With Paper - Christmas cheer set. I stamped my row of images, masking along the way, colored and then cut out. I scored where the strip should be folded and adhered it to the acetate. Then I assembled the box. I just want to say that I love coloring in these trees, especially with my Copic markers. The two green markers I have are really the only ones I use right now since I don't have the blender marker - maybe Santa will bring it for me!!! I adhered the sides of the box with two sided tape. I filled it and then closed it up with some ribbon from Michaels Christmas section. The snowflakes are stamped on the inside (rougher side) of the acetate.

FYI - there is still time to order set from A Chemistry With Paper and still have them in time for holiday giving or making those last minute cards/gifts. Be sure to check out the front page for a sneak peek of the new Valentine sets coming out...you will be able to pre-order them starting tomorrow! They are so cool - the wheels are turning!!!

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This milk carton is super cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails