Monday, December 3, 2007

Stone snowman...

well, not really...he's just stamped on a tile!! Today was the Try A New Technique challenge on SCS...to make something with tiles...I had one Bottochino tumbled tile left...yeah!! Time to make a trip to Lowes!!

Image by DRS Designs, click on photo for a closer view...



This snowman is a new release...I love snowman and this one is right up at the top of my list...isn't he cute?! A good size stamp too...
I stamped the snowman with black craft ink and then zapped it with my heat gun...I don't like putting them in the oven because it tends to wash out the colors...once it was dry enough for my liking, I colored with my Copic Markers. I used the tip of a Q-tip to color the body white and then sponged some bliss blue ink around the edges. I'm not sure about spraying it with my usual sealer...not sure how the copics will hold up...anyone know??? I guess if he's not going to be used as a coaster or trivet, only as a decoration it doesn't really matter.

That's all for now...I have some other fun things in the works, just need to finish them up!
Thanks for checking in...
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails