Wednesday, December 12, 2007

With Christmas...

comes New Years!! Can you believe in less than three weeks we will have already celebrated a New Year? Yikes! So, in honor of the quickly approaching holiday, I have some New Years cards for you! I know some people who send these kinds of cards out rather than Christmas cards...someone always has to be different, right?! Well, if you are one of those people, DRS Designs, has some new images for you and they are available right now!!!

These cards are also part of the sketch challenge for the week...click on photos for closer looks...

This one also incorporates the color challenge from yesterday...I love these stamps together...what a bright cheery way to great the New Year!



I love this flower/heart stamp - it is one large stamp is I'm guessing it is going to be very versatile and that you will see it alot!!! I followed the sketch pretty closely so it's pretty straight forward...the felt flower is by American Craft and the leaves are from the Target $1 spot...when they had their felt embellishments in the fall...it is a leaf that is cut in half...they are self stick which is a bonus in my book!! I'm thinking this sentiment could be used for a birthday as well, just omit the "Happy New Year" and stamp "Happy Birthday" just below...but that's just me thinking out loud again...something that really annoys my dh (LOL).

And another, more glitzy one...



The dp is from Target...I used one of my cuttlebug embossing folders on the silver panel. I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment right on the dp. The focal image would be great for a New Years Eve party invite...I added a spiral clip and black velvet ribbon to keep within the sketch guidelines.

I hope to have some altered frames to show you in the next couple of days...gifts for the grandparents so I better get a move on! We're expecting a big snow storm tomorrow...the schools are already talking about letting the kids out early...I hope it blows over after all this hype!

I hope you enjoyed your visit today...if there is something you would like to see in the future, I'm open for ideas...feel free to leave me a comment and let me know!
See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love the felt flower on your first one and the embossed metallic paper on the second one.

Anonymous said...

These are great Cathy!! Love the designs on both of them. I have yet to try the challenge for these two! I'm going to have to kill two birds with one stone myself! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails