Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Challenged...

That was me today, attempting the color challenge!!! It's such a pretty combo (on paper - lol) celery, rose red and pumpkin...I thought "I can handle that"....yeah right!!!

Here is my first attempt - I think part of my problem is that I wanted to use this image today and thought I would kill two birds with one stone by using it with the challenge...mom always said not to take shortcuts, right?!

All images by DRS Designs, click on photos for closer looks...



I stamped the image in rose red and then shadowed it with celery. The rest is pretty straight forward...I like the simple sketch and it seems to be growing on me...can you see the little bit of pumkin? Since I don't have a pumpkin pad, I colored an area on a white scrap with my marker and hole punched it!

This next one went a little more smoothly...

Images by CC Designs, winter playtime...the sentiment is from reindeer games.



I remembered I had a scrap of paper in two of the color challenge colors so I dug that out and did this simple card. The punch is by EK Success, cool, huh? I added some jewels in the flake centers. Lulu's outfit is paper pieced with a scrap of dp.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's sketch will be...such a fun challenge...
Can you believe Christmas is two weeks from today??? Yikes!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails