Monday, January 7, 2008

Ice Cream and a Shabby Heart...

Hi There! I hope you had a good weekend...ours was full of basketball games (as usual!) unfortunately they were not winning games! Oh well...we still have quite bit of the season left so we'll keep our fingers crossed! It's warm here today on the east coast...although I hear there is snow in the future for next week - crazy weather! Anyway...I have two projects to share with you today...(click on photos for closer views)

First, an ice cream invite!! Images on this one from A Chemistry With Paper, ice cream party set.



I made a pocket card and then cut the half circle on a scrap and attached it to the top flap of the pocket card...no template, just eyed it! The dp is leftover from another project (paper is by K & Co). I attached it and made the pocket by stitching with my machine. The ACWP stamps are clear so I was able to bend the "You're Invited" stamp so that it fit into the curve nicely. The image is stamped in black and colored in. The for, where, when stamps are snap stamps by Karen Foster which I believe have been discontinued. Too bad, because they are versatile and a lot of fun!

And now for my shabby heart (or maybe I should say semi-shabby!) Images on this one by DRS Designs.



The large hearts are sizzix die cuts. I stamped the focal image in red and then again in black craft and heat embossed the black with clear powder. The vanilla piece is parchment like paper that I stamped a sentiment on repeatedly. After stamping, I crumpled up the paper and then went over the wrinkles with my chocolate chip ink pad. I machine stitched it to the black panel which was stamped with rows of hearts in white stazon. The felt heart is a sizzix cut and the red flower is from the Target dollar spot (Fall). Shabby, but pretty straight-forward!

I hope your week is off to a good start! I have tons of notes on scraps littering my desk that I need to actually turn into finished projects so check back often for updates!!!
Thanks for visiting...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great invite, love the idea of he pocket card. Your heart card is fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails