Thursday, April 24, 2008

A snip here, a snip there...

Well, today's ways to use it challenge was to use scissors but not just to cut ribbon...
I decided to step away from the cards for the day and produced this for dd#1's room..

Images by CC Designs...



Chicks are from the Hey Chicky set and the sentiment is from Beautiful Butterfly. The message is pretty obvious, that you don't always have to follow the "pack", you can be yourself and find your own way. Being a pre-teen these days isn't easy!

The base is a round coaster. For those of you with a sizzix machine, the circle #1 original die is the exact size of the round coasters. I adhered some certainly celery and some patterned paper from Provo Craft. I machine stitched the layers before adhering to the coaster. I masked the group of chicks and cut and popped my daughter chick!!! I gave her a pink embroidery floss ribbon too! Her little tuft of hair is floss as well. I sponged the sky and grass. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of transparency that I punched with my mega oval scallop punch. I stamped it with white craft ink and then heat embossed with white powder. The scallop is raised on pop dots that I covered with Prima Mini Me flowers and jewels. I punched a hole and added a large jump ring (available at All That Scraps) and added some white ribbon so dd can hang it in her room.

Everything is stamped straight on this but when I propped it for the photo the scallop determined the angle! Tomorrow I should be back with my regular camera!

I hope you enjoyed today's project...
Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this is adorable, love those cute little chickies.

jjcreations said...

Very cute. I like the little flowers and the one bright chick....Joan

Related Posts with Thumbnails