Sunday, June 29, 2008

Strawberries Galore!

Boy, I sure hope DD's friend likes strawberries! This is the gift ensemble I mentioned a few days ago. DD was invited to a birthday party of a girl from school that I have never met and she is turning 12 so I thought a "girly" gift would be a good idea since I had no idea what else to get!!!

DD and I dragged ourselves over to the Target dollar spot (wink - lol) and she picked out a whole bunch of strawberry flavored (?) bath/body items. We also picked up the pail ($2.50 in the dollar spot) and then a package of emery boards, a shower puff and nail polish in the regular cosmetics section.



It's a tall pail and a little hard to photograph because the best part is inside! The tags were stamped with the Green Thumb set by Papertrey Ink. I first stamped the berries in positively pink ink and then rock n rolled them in real red.

Here is a close up of the tag...



The pail is tapered which meant it was hard to cover with any kind of paper so I took the easy way out and tied some ribbon around it. The tag opens so dd can sign it. I added a few tags to the body mist and nail polish just for fun. The organza bag is filled with strawberries and cream hard candies.

Thanks for stopping by today...I hope this provides you with a little inspiration for those pre-teen birthdays!
See you soon...

3 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very cute gift. I am sure she will love it. Most young girls would adore stuff like this unless she is a real tom boy *wink* Great idea, and I love all the little strawberry tags you added. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Really cute gift and packaging idea. My niece who is now 13 would surely love it! tfs your idea.

Bev J. (Maxell on SCS)

Holly Young said...

Very cute, and I'm sure she'll love it!
Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails