Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Color Throwdown Challenge #3/ATS Challenge #10

Wow - can you believe it's already our third week of the Color Throwdown challenges?! This week is was Broni's turn to choose...she chose ruby red, close to cocoa and taken with teal...here is my card with my closest matches...



Images by DRS Designs...the skateboard image and the interlocking star background (on the teal panel) are new releases!!! Great for those teen guy cards we always have trouble making!!! I used the traffic jam embossing folder on the red panel. The star is a sizzix die cut. The sketch is Jen del Muro's sketch for the week. It looks involved, but it's really quite a fun one!

Make sure to stop by the other Color Throwdown members blogs for details on their cards and the Color Throwdown challenge blog to see all the cards together. We'd love for you to play, and if you do, make sure you post a direct link to your card so we can come over and check it out!!!

*********************************
We are in week 10 of the ATS DT challenges!!! This week Jen challenged us to make something other than a card...

Here is my earring gift set...shrinky dinks strike again!!!!






I made a little wrap for the front that is actually a tag. The tin is one of the Wilton favor tins from Michaels. I used the summertime fun bear as the image on the earrings. I simply cut a circle in my shrink plastic and then stamped the bear with black stazon ink. I colored him with watercolor pencils. The sponge inside was cut with my sizzix machine. It wasn't the easiest thing to fit under that pressure plate but I did it!!! A simple gift for a special little girl! Be sure to check out the CC Designs blog to see all the other team member submissions. We'd love for you to participate in this challenge too...again, post a direct link on the blog so we can come over and check it out!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great card for the Color Throwdown, and what an adorable little earring set! I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails