Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Challenge-ful Wednesday!

Time for a dual dose of mid-week challenges!!!

First up, the ATS DT challenge...this week was a color challenge:



and here is my card...



That one kitty is so much prettier than her friends!!! I was inspired by this card by Jen del Muro...

I simply stamped the first kitty on the right and then masked each one as I went along before stamping the next kitty! I used my creative memories oval cutter for the "pretty" kitty! Some jewels, some piercing and some pretty ribbon and I was done!!!

Next up is the Color Throwdown color challenge for this week...#5!!!



I don't have the exact SU! colors that this called for, but I used my closest matches...what do you think? Did get close enough?!

Images by DRS Designs...



I thought these colors had an Asian flair to them so I decided to make my focal image a panda bear!!! This sketch is a little out of the box for me, but we all need to try something different once in a while, right?! I used the DRS stained glass circle, stamped it in black craft, then stamped the panda in black craft and heated with clear powder. I colored with markers and layered a bunch of circles. Added the sentiment and jewels (of course) and voila! Oh, and I can't forget the machine stitching to finish if off!

Be sure to try your hand at both challenges and post a direct link either at ATS (if you do that challenge or Color Throwdown, if you do that challenge!!!


Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

5 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

Love the panda! I think the colors are perfect! I LOVE the layered circles too! Very cool!

Broni said...

Cathy, both of your color challenge cards are so pretty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute panda, and I love your little kitty card, too!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great cards! I love those color challenges. Great job on the cards, tfs.

Jennifer E. said...

Great job with the challenges! I really like how you created a scene with the panda image. You've colored it so well, it really looks like stained glass!

Related Posts with Thumbnails