Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Have I vanished?

No, I'm here. Gosh, I hate it when I'm too busy to stamp!!! I was able to squeeze in today's color challenge over on SCS...how come when I do a quick card, I often times like it better than one I have been slaving over? I'm really pleased with the way this quickie came out!!! I used a few of the new sets just released (last night) by CC Designs/All That Scraps...



Isn't he the cutest? I have a soft spot for teddy bears!! I used Bear Hugs, grass from the scenery set and a sentiment from the new sentiment set on this one. I also pulled out one of my CC Designs backgrounds...don't you love those dots? I colored my bear with...my Bics!!! I used a black glaze pen on his eyes, nose and tummy button but you can't really tell in the photo. I punched two mega scallop squares and layered them for the lower layer. Check out the embossing...that is from one of the new cuttlebug embossing borders dies (avail. at ATS). A new favorite!!! I can finally emboss edges of cards!! Having a sizzix didn't allow me to do things like that before b/c it's not as wide as the cuttlebug. Yeah!!!

That's it...quick and cute!!!
I'm off to make dinner and then cut some rubber!!! DRS Designs will be releasing new images soon...be sure to check back for some peaks!!! Check out the other team members blogs too...they should be receiving their images any day now!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Broni said...

This is so adorable, Cathy! I love how you colored the little guy and also the bling on the embossed panel is very cool!

Soguesswhat11 said...

I sooo understand the not having time thing... but this card is soooo cute!! That bear color is unexpected and adorable - LOVE IT!! And like you said, sometimes the ones that are quick are nicer than ones we slave over. Sometimes simple can be super! Good job~

Jan said...

I know all to well about the not having time to stamp thing. This card is just too cute, and I love the color you used for the bear!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails