Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Challenge Day - Wednesday!



This was a tough one this week for Color Throwdown with all these colors!!! Here is my peaceful card...

Images by DRS Designs...



I tried to match my Bic Mark-it markers to the SU! colors as best as I could...I also brought some of the colors in with my buttons and primas. You can see the yellow and pumpkin in the sun and there is also some pumpkin color in the palm tree trunk.
Be sure to check out the rest of the teams cards...I can't wait to see what you do with these colors...be sure to stop by the Color Throwdown blog and post a direct link to your project so I can come see it!!!

And now, onto the second challenge for the day...another one that you can participate in as well...the All That Scraps DT Challenge - Suspension Cards...



I used the newly released Sugarplum sets by CC Designs - Olivia's Birdies, scenery and sentiment sets. The sentiment is on the back of the circle - you can't see it but it fits nicely!!! I colored the images with my Bic Mark-its. Olivia is raised on pop dots as well as the branch with the prima leaves...I colored an off white prima (you can find these at ATS) with my markers, cut it into leaf pieces and adhered. I used the branch image to make a full size tree on the side of the card. The birds are all raised on pop dots as well. A simple card except for all the fun coloring!!!

I hope you can join us in the challenges!! Be sure to check out the other members blogs to see what they did! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
See you soon...

7 comments:

Heather said...

Great cards Cathy! I love how you did the sky!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards Cathy!! Love the coloring!! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome cards, Cathy! You're really doing a beautiful job with those new markers! I would never know you weren't using Copics!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful cards, LOVE these blues!
LeAnne

Kisa Peters said...

OH! Both cards are beautiful! Your coloring is awesome!

Julia Aston said...

I love both of your lovely scenes on these cards! great stamps and nice coloring!

Sankari W. said...

both of your cards are beautiful and i love the peace one.... because it totally exudes peace and relaxation - which i could totally use right now:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails