Saturday, August 30, 2008

Taking it easy Saturday...

Hi all, I'm nursing a head cold so I'm laying low today and trying to squeak out a project here and there...I thought I would also share another new DRS Designs release with you...most of the images this release were holiday images (it's never too early to start on those holiday cards!) and this floral image is so pretty, I didn't want you to miss it. It is actually a stamp with two images on it...one of the popular DRS border stamps...it has this image on one side and another image on the other! Two stamps for the price of one! Good deal!!!



The focal image is the "June" birthday stamp but when I inked the stamp, I didn't ink the "June". I colored everything with my Bic's...no surprise there. The lady bug's spots and head are colored with a black glaze pen. The embossing is one of the new cuttlebug embossing borders. I did a quick stitch across with my machine. The diamonds on either side of the sentiment are actually body jewels! I had them for my girls to wear as earrings before they got their ears pierced...since they both have them pierced now (oldest dd - double pierced!) they don't really need them. But, as a crafter, I couldn't let them go to waste could I?!

The border stamp is actually longer than you see here and is the perfect addition to any card whether you color it or just stamp it color on color. I'll be back during the week with the other image that shares space with this one.

I'm off to work on my challenge projects for the week...youngest dd (9) took dh golfing today (9 holes - her treat!) as it is his big 4-0!!!!! and the house is quiet! Wohoo!!!

See you soon...

4 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fantastic card Cathy!! Love your coloring and the embossed/stitched panel is a nice addition!!
Hope you feel better soon!!

Angel said...

awesome coloring!!! so sweet and pretty!

Heather said...

This is a beautiful card! Great coloring!

Shirley said...

Whst a beautiful cardl~! The flowers just pop with your bright centers! TFS, Cathy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails