Monday, September 1, 2008

Bigger than an inchie...

but smaller than a card...ATC's (artist trading cards) are a ton of fun (IMO)!!! Today's challenge over on the DRS Designs blog is ATC's...I asked the team to make two as the other one will be used for a challenge later in the month. Be sure to check back so you can participate in that one too!!!

Here is mine...I have so many ideas for other ones that I want to make, but I just plain ran out of time!



I used one of the newly released images by DRS and some non-traditional holiday colors. It's hard to tell but the flake scroll was rock n rolled with positively pink ink after inking it first in pretty in pink. The image is stamped on shimmer paper...it looks cool in person but it doesn't agree with the camera and all my close up shots were blurry! The ATC's measure 3.5 x 2.5.

Give it a try...it's amazing how inspiring it can be when you deviate from the normal once in a while. You might look at your cards and/or focal panels...even your images in a whole new light. If you participate, be sure to stop by the DRS blog and leave us a comment...we'd love to stop by and see what you've done. We want to be inspired by you too! If you upload to SCS be sure to use the keyword DRSC3.
Before you start on the challenge though, be sure to check out the blog to see what the other DT members did with their ATC's...

See you soon...

2 comments:

Darlene said...

This is so pretty Cathy!! "simple elegance" comes to mind!! Great idea for the challenge ... I'm in!! Be back later with my creation! Thanks for having such an inspiring blog too .. great work!

Etha said...

very pretty holiday colors! I can see the sparkle/shimmer in the closeup just fine, beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails