Monday, October 27, 2008

Have you tried something new?

**Second post for today...scroll down for the DRS DT Challenge post (and play along!!)***

I tried something new today!!! Today's technique challenge on SCS was to make designer paper, so to speak, from those fancy paper napkins we all buy but never seem to use because they are too pretty! Well, I used some today! I have to admit that at first I was pretty skeptical but once I figured out the best way to go about the process, things went much smoother! You can check out the post for the instructions. I found that first laying down a piece of white cardstock, then saran wrap (didn't have freezer paper), then my napkin and then the copy paper, worked much better. I simply trimmed my napkins and white cardstock (once they were adhered together) to the size I needed and the cardstock made the whole process MUCH easier!

Here are my finished products...images by DRS Designs...



Check out my twill ribbon on this one...I've used it before but when you've seen it before, it was plain natural...today I pulled out some brown stazon ink and stamped one of the DRS Designs card edger plus stamps on my ribbon...instant decorated ribbon customized to your project! The images are the perfect size! How cool is that?!

and




The napkins on both projects were cocktail size. Pretty cool, huh?! Now you know what to do when you only have one napkin left from a party...add it to your stash of supplies!!!

Thanks for checking in...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Jennifer E. said...

I love your napkin idea! They're perfect for these sentiments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails