Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Color Throwdown #18

It's Wednesday and time for another Color Throwdown color challenge!



Here is my Old Navy gift card inspired card!! I spied a gift card at the check out the other day (in different colors of course) that I thought would be perfect with the chosen colors and these images!!

Images by DRS Designs...



The butterfly punches are Martha Stewart. I added some jewels for their bodies. I machine stitched the white layer to the olive layer with short zig zag stitches. The chocolate panel was embossed with the leaf embossing folder by Cuttlebug and then I machine stitched a straight stitch around. I went out on a limb with the ribbon on this one! I usually trim my ends much shorter but I thought I would try something different! The ribbon was from the dollar bin at Michaels! What do you think???

Be sure to check out the other designers blogs as well - links in my side bar. We are also welcoming a new member this week - Kimberly Crawford - be sure to check out her blog...you might never leave!!! If you upload a card, be sure to leave a comment on the CT blog so we can check it out and use keyword CTD18 if you upload to a public gallery.

See you soon...

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love the delicacy of this card, that ribbon is yummy!
LeAnne

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love the MS butterfly punch and the jewels are great on it.

Broni said...

Your card is beautiful, Cathy! I love the angled panel and just the touches of plum and green!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, this is so pretty and elegant! I love what you did with the butterflies!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

A most excellent, classy design Cathy! I really love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails