Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I found it!

I finally found the embellishment I needed to complete my SCS color challenge card for today - phew!!!

Wondering what the elusive embellishment is? No, not the brads...yes, the pine cone! I had the idea in my head to use the pine cone ever since I started the card. Of course, I couldn't finish it in one sitting even though it's a simple card (like I said in my previous post, this color combo threw me a little!) and by the time I got home I forgot to go outside and look for one of those teeny tiny pine cones you see everywhere...except when you actually need it!

Here is my card...and then I'll babble some more...
Images by DRS Designs...



So, the card was done a few hours ago but I needed a pine cone...I asked at the dinner table, got some weird looks as to why I would need a tiny pine cone...no luck. Then I remembered I had some holiday potpourri in the basement from years ago...I rummaged and rummaged and FINALLY found it! Then I had to dig through the soapy smelling stuff to find a pine cone that was intact! Lo and behold, I did and there it is, tied to the ribbon with linen thread!

The image was stamped in brown craft ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used one of cutterbee piercing tools around the perimeter of the card. I added some Making Memories brads and a remnant of ribbon.

I hope you like the card!! It sure does smell clean, I mean nice!
Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Oh, the things we do for our creations, right?
LeAnne

Related Posts with Thumbnails