Monday, November 24, 2008

'Tis the season....

second post for today...

for gift card holders!! Today's technique challenge on SCS was to make pop up gift card holders...you can find awesome directions at the start of the thread. (The directions indicate that you should use a 4 x 12in piece of cardstock...I didn't have any 12in so I used a regular 11in. piece and scored at 3.5 on each side. There is not alot of extra room for the gift card but it works...especially when you figure that the gift card will be pulled out and put away or used right away!!!)

Images by DRS Designs...



I used one of the new ribbon slides and the new "for you" sentiment for my focal image. I used this image and stamped it randomly on the background and on the inside "hill" that holds the gift card. Some ribbon for the closure finishes it off.

Here is my second gift card holder...



Another new release - Percy Penguin and the snowflakes on the main panel. I cut Percy out and adhered him with a pop dot. I also cut off the ends of his scarf so I could give him a ribbon scarf! He is standing in front of an edger stamp (two in one!) I simply masked the scallop and stamped my image. I added some dazzling diamonds for snow!

These are fun!!!

***************************
Just for something different, here is a simple pet sympathy card...this one is for a cat, but DRS also has a dog paw.



Thanks for checking in today...don't forget to scroll down to see today's DRS Designs DT challenge...hope you can play along!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails