Monday, November 3, 2008

Very cool...

ETA: I added a second card to this post...

that was today's technique challenge...very cool!!! Our challenge was to make the recently popular punch/decorative circle medallions...

Here is my first attempt...as usual, I have another one in the works but that will have to wait until after dd's end of year X-Country party!

Images by DRS Designs...



I've been wanting to use this image for a holiday card in just red and white for a while...well today was my chance!!! I thought this corner punch would be perfect with this image due to the triangle shapes they both sport. The circle is raised on pop dots. I cut an outer circle of black to finish it off. I added a jewel to the image center and a jewel brad to the ribbon. The side image is an easy border stamp by DRS that I stamped with versamark...again keeping with the triangle theme! These stamps are so cool - be sure to check them out...you actually get two stamps in one!!! What a deal!

Here is my second try at the challenge...an easily reproducible holiday card...



Images are by DRS Designs...the sentiment is a new release this month...I highlighted the stars and dots in the sentiment with a stardust pen although the camera didn't pick it up.

Thanks for stopping by...(tomorrow is the start of sneak peeks of new sets being released next week by CC Designs...be sure to stop back, there is something for everyone!!!)
See you soon...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty!

Darlene said...

WOW ... great job Cathy!! I didn't do so well so didn't upload ... yours look awesome! WELL DONE!!

wendyp said...

Wow! Such a pretty technique and cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails