Monday, December 22, 2008

Faux Silk...

second post for today...

with a pop!!! was the subject of today's technique challenge over on SCS...basically, you adhere a white cardstock cut out of your image beneath your tissue paper so it has some "pop" to it! It was a fun...once I decided on what image and colors to use...a very thin tissue paper and/or thin mulberry paper seems like it would work best.

Images by DRS Designs...



and the inside...



I chose some non-traditional colors for today's card because I didn't really think of it as a holiday card (I'm pretty much done with those for this year!!! and even though the inside sentiment is more of a holiday sentiment ;-)) but more of a New Years and/or wishes for the New Year kind of card. Fresh colors for a fresh start! The snowflake background on the bottom pink panel was stamped in versamark. The silver/gray ribbon is from the Target bridal section and the jewels were adhesive (yeah!) ones that I found in my stash. The inside sentiment panel was pierced using my Ornare piercing template.

Thanks for checking in today...be sure to check the post before this one. I hope you can play in the DRS and/or Stamp Something challenges.

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails