Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Angel

second post for today...

Today's technique challenge over on SCS was to make speckled background paper with glossy paper and simple green cleaner...rather than make a speckled background (I didn't like the way it looked for this card) I decided to brush my sponge over the ink...at first it had a swirl effect to it, but for some reason it dried differently. I like the way it turned out as it gives it a velvety look...I paper pieced the angels dress with a leftover scrap.

Images by DRS Designs...



I used my Creative Memories cutting system to make the ovals and pierced the outer edge. Dazzling diamonds add the sparkle to her wings. I used one of the DRS easy backgrounds (stars) on the purple layer using black stazon ink.

The sketch on this card was from last week's Papercraft Planet sketch challenge, designed by my friend Tammy Hershberger!

Thanks for stopping by...hope your week is off to a good start!
See you soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a gorgeous angel!! Beautiful card Cathy!! Thanks for straightening me around!! :) SIGH!

Related Posts with Thumbnails