Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Warmest Wishes...

for a safe, happy and healthy New Year!!!

Today's sketch challenge over on SCS was perfect for the project and stamps I wanted to use today. I found some Lindt snowman wrapped chocolates on sale at the store yesterday and my first thought was to put them in one of these cool little boxes and of course I had to make a card to go with them and that's where today's sketch came in!

Images by DRS Designs...snowman image is new and will be available sometime next week!



The snowmen were stamped in white craft ink and then heat embossed with a pearl blue powder...one on white cardstock, the other on blue. It's much shimmery-er in person (LOL). My color scheme came from the candy wrapper. The flakes are a small background image that was released last month...so easy to stamp across the page to make your own designer paper. The sentiment on the card is great too...something you can use year round.

The box top and bottom are 3in square scraps. I scored at 1/2in and 2 1/2 in. to make the lid. The acetate was scored at 2, 4, 6 & 8 inches. I punched the top and bottom of the lids with a ribbon punch to slide the ribbon through and then I tied at the top over some snowflake punches. Easy peasy!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today...it's snowing like crazy here today...a good day for a snowman project! Although I think I might move onto something spring like now...stay tuned for that in a day or two...something fun I've been looking forward to sharing with you.

Have a great night...we're staying in with the girls and having "fun food" and watching movies!!! A junk food fest to ring in the new year...I can't wait!!!!

Before I go, I just want to thank Broni for this award...I'm honored!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me...



See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails