Monday, January 12, 2009

The box that took all day!

second post for today...be sure to scroll down to see how you can win some blog candy!!

Today's technique challenge over on SCS today was to make an origami box with a lid on it...simple enough, right?! Well, in the end, yes, it is pretty simple...just don't ask me about my first box!!! (LOL) Here is the final project...yes, it took all day but only because I was juggling a few other things!! When deciding what to make for/with my box (after I got the hang of the folds) I decided that a baby milestone box would be perfect. DRS Designs just released some baby images and they were the perfect compliment to my project.



and a close up of the box top...



The top focal point was stamped with one of the new giga scallop images...I then stamped the baby carriage on my punched scallop and on a scrap of my patterned paper. After paper piecing the carriage, I added a piece of felt for a blanket.

The closure is shrink plastic that was punched with a mega scallop punch. Prior to punching I stamped this scallop image and the diaper pin in stazon ink. I adhered the closure to a small scallop punch and then the combination was adhered to the box with velcro for easy opening and closing.


The box itself is a white piece of 12 x 12 cardstock stamped with the interlocking star background in blue ink. You can see some of the notecards in the lower portion of the photo. I stamped the blue with versamark ink and the white with blue...there are two of each. They are simple cards that fit inside the box to write a quick note on...day baby first crawled, first tooth, etc. The box is rather large so you could even keep a lock of hair in there or other small objects!

Thanks for stopping by today...
See you soon...

3 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Great box! Your patience definitely paid off! Love the idea to use it for a baby keepsake box...it's really adorable!

Barbara said...

Cathy, this box is simply adorable!!!

Heather said...

This turned out absolutely fantastic! I love it! Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails