Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally!

A color challenge I really liked alot! Today's color challenge on SCS was to use a couple blues and a green...it might sound odd but together these are awesome colors. I've struggled with the last few color challenges on SCS because they just didn't work for me but I'm pleased to say that today they did work! Here is my first...I'll be back in a bit to update my post with my second...just have to fiddle with it a little bit more!



Images by DRS Designs...




These are great colors for Valentines for friends - I think! I love this heart drop image ( I know, I say that alot, but I do!!) and this sentiment could go either way in the relationship area. To go along with the heart drops I used the raindrop background by stamping it in versamark and then heat embossing with clear powder. I did a 60/40 fold on this card for something different!


Here is the inside...




I stamped a portion of the main image and the bottom of the sentiment. Before adhering the main portion to the front of the card I trimmed this off and then trimmed again in between the words before mounting each on a scrap of black. This was a fun card thanks to the images and the different fold!


And, here is my second one...a long card this time...



These triple funky heart squares were fun to color. I added some velvet ribbon and a large button and thread. The sentiment is the bottom portion of the sentiment I used on my previous card!


See you soon...don't forget to stop by tomorrow for another Color Throwdown challenge - it was my week to pick!!!


Only a few more days to enter your application for the DRS Designs Guest Designer search...see here for the details!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty--I love this combo too, and love how you colored the hearts. That ribbon is yummy!
LeAnne

Related Posts with Thumbnails