Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A balloon for every decade...

Well, there was no way I was going to be able to fit 80 balloons on this happy 80th card so I opted for one balloon for each decade!!

Images by DRS Designs, new releases!!!!



The colors on this one are for today's color challenge over on SCS...I stamped the new balloon from DRS on pumpkin, summer sun and olive and then heat embossed them with clear powder before cutting them out. The ones with string were adhered with pop dots. I attached some linen thread and then tied the strings together with embroidery floss. The sentiment is a new one and is a must have to mark such an awesome milestone for anyone you know reaching this age!

I scored the right edge with my Scor-pal with graduated lines. I felt a clean, simple and bright card was appropriate for such an occasion!

Be sure to stop by the DRS website to check out the other new releases and visit the DRS blog as well. You'll also find links to our DT members blogs. Stay tuned...next week you'll meet our first two guest designers!!

See you soon...

2 comments:

dpkennedy said...

What fun bright colors! You mean you couldn't fit all eighty on here? You weren't trying hard enough, lol! Love the scoring down the side too, nice touch!

Heather said...

I love this card. It is so clean and crisp looking! Fabulous job!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails