Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another quickie card...

for this weeks SCS color challenge...I seem to be having a hard time with these colors...or maybe it's because I'm trying to rush and squeeezzzee everything in! This one was especially hard to photograph...it is so dreary here today that I can't get enough good natural light...well, anyway, here it is...

It has a bit of a patriotic feel to it even though it is a holiday card! The snowflake is punched out of SU! shimmer paper...I sponged red on the upper white portion because it appeared to be too stark...I used the same Michaels ribbon as I used on the Santa card and found a much better red in my paper pile! The snowflake in the corner is a Simple Impressions embossing folder from Sizzix. I have a bunch of these and hardly ever use them, although I think I might start playing around with them especially with all the buzz about the new Cuttlebug embossing folders...I seem to remember always getting a ridge around my images when using these Sizzix folders and that is why I put them to the back of my stash but this time I didn't have that problem...I'll have to do further research on that ;-)

Anywho, I decided to have the flake come in from the corner and then sponged over the flake and around the outside of the blue layer with my white craft pad...I like the way that came out...just not sure about the overall card. Sentiment is stamped in black using 1/4in Karen Foster Snap stamps...of course I had to add a jewel or two! I pierced around the blue circle and on the sides of the red, tied on some silver SU! cord... but it still looked blah so I doodled in the corners with my white Signo gel pen.

So, there you have it! I'm off to finish writing my Xmas cards...the Sketch challenge for today looks interesting...you can find it here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206149

I might have to ponder this one for a while...do I make yet another holiday card or do I move on?

Have a great day - see you soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails