Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I squeezed it in!

ETA: I used the Mega scallop punch on this one which is the smaller of the two punches that are quite popular right now! Also....the Cuttlebug folders and dies can be used in the Sizzix...I only have the one machine and have used both the folders and the dies with it successfully!


the SCS color challenge that is...I found a few minutes while dinner was cooking...or , ah, burning! This week the challenge was using real red, cool caribbean and whisper white...
I have red, but not SU! real red and I'm not sure I like this red after all! I'll have to try again with another if I can find one in my pile of paper. I used my cuttlebug folder to emboss just the top and bottom of the red...pierced just above and below and then "stitched" with my white gel pen...Santa is a Michaels $1 stamp...I cut the white circle with my CM circle cutter and used one of my scallop punches for the mat, which is pierced too. Both are raised on leftover stamp rubber and the ribbon (from Michaels) is adhered between the two with a jumbo metallic brad I found at AC Moore. Santa has a white pom pom on his hat too and dazzling diamonds on his brim and beard. I inked just one Ho! and stamped, reinked, stamped, reinked, stamped! Whew! This was a quick one...I tried to give it an "amuse" style...did it work?

I'll be back tomorrow with another one using a nicer red!

2 comments:

Monds & Mayberry said...

I need to get that cuttle bug folder. You can use it in your sizzix, right?

Anonymous said...

this is cute! What size scallop punch did you use, this seems to be the size I'm looking for. thanks! Adelle- mnhyrkas on SCS or Simply Sentiments

Related Posts with Thumbnails