Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A challenge...

I seem to be time challenged lately...but despite that fact that I have WAY too much other stuff to do these days and probably should not be making cards or other "crafty" stuff...I still feel the need to try to squeeze it all in! (Trust me, you don't want to be near me when everyone gets home and its dinner time!!! I'm not in my happy place at that time of day! ) So, here is what I "squeezed" in today! This nifty guy was completed for the color challenge on SCS, found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204251
There didn't seem to be too many cards in the gallery for this challenge today...it's a cool color combo so maybe everyone else is feeling the same way I am but THEY are showing restraint!!!

The snowman is from the SU! set Coldplay...I really love this set and HAD to have it last Xmas and dh (awesome guy that he is!) got it for me for Xmas...only thing, I've only used it a handful of times. Oops! But, today he is in the spotlight so now I don't feel so bad!


I used my d'vine swirls embossing plate AGAIN! I love that thing...maybe I should open the other ones I purchased and give those a whirl...Anywho...I also used one of my beloved scallop punches...pierced it, but this time I pierced every other bump instead of everyone...silly me though...when I got to the end I realized there was one more "bump" than I needed so I covered that with the ribbon! Voila! I cut the cranberry and sage circles with my Creative Memories circle cutter, pierced the sage and then mounted my man on top...the whole circle/man combo is popped on leftover stamp rubber...I used the word window punch to punch through my cranberry piece and then used my snap stamps for my sentiment...You can't see but his hat brim? has dazzling diamonds on it and I added a jewel...what do you know!? I believe if you click on the photo it will show you an enlarged version - how cool is that?!

My most clever detail on this one....drum roll...are the cut corners on the cranberry...I love the way everyone uses the ticket/corner (I'm really not sure of the exact name) punch and since I don't have one...yet...I used my slot punch (the one that makes the half circle outline cut) and just snipped tose corners right off! Perfect! I then pierced one hole in the space left...

I do have to admit, I had the whole card together and then realized that I never put an eyelet where the ribbon goes through the circles - ugh! Sooooo...I had to dismantle that whole part, add the eyelet, restickum everything and remount...whew...done!

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to read about my stamping adventures...I hope you come back...

I'm off now to pick up dd#2 from scouts and help make wreaths for the Depot Day mentioned in the previous post and then to pick up dd#1 from her scout meeting...they end at the same time and are clear across town from each other - figures! And then, we're off to the store for dinner because I just didn't have time to get out today...cards or dinner...hmmmnnn, which would you pick?! I can see their excited faces when I mention that little stop already! (just kidding...there will be frowns all around, I'm sure!)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

This is adorable - you did a great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails