Monday, January 29, 2007

Another try...

these shadow box cards are FUN!! I think I need to start jotting down the ideas that pop into my head for them - they have huge possibilities!!! Here is my second try for today...


This adorable stamp is from DRS designs...this is the first time I've used it! The card front is stamped in canvas (I was going for the tent/camping texture!) and the white background is sponged with several blues...the fire is a sizzix die, cut in brown and white - I sponged the white with yellow and orange...the marshmallows are "popped" although it is hard to see in the photo and covered with dazzling diamonds. I ran them through my xyron to make sure they were all good and sticky! The heart is felt and I stitched the X's with DMC floss. I used my slit punch to make the scallop canopy and my snap stamps for the sentiment (you make me melt). Not sure if the sentiment just came to me or if I saw it somewhere recently...I cruise the SCS galleries constantly...so much I'm surprised I don't dream about them!! The hearts over the marshmallows are a hand punch and I used red foil paper.

Now I'm thinking that DH just might get two Valentines this year!!!

See you soon...

2 comments:

Kristine said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! :o) How ADORABLE!! What a terrific stamp set for these shadow boxes! Wish I had that set--you lucky girl. Thanks for the comment on my star-shaped princess turtle card today!! They are soo much fun...think I'll have to try another!

OH YA...QUestion!! I have that photobucket thing on my blog too, but HOW in the WORLD do you get it to do the cute little falling snowflakes, and I've seen some doing falling hearts??? That's such a mystery to me. Do you pay for premium services???

Allison Rankin said...

Your shadowbox cards are terrific...nice interpretation of the challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails