Friday, January 5, 2007

A challenge for the New Year

This weeks Limited Supply Challenge on SCS found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211372
is to use something you "obtained" last year but that you have not used yet. Well, there are alot of things that I have not used yet but the first thing that popped into my head was this stamp that is dated 2003 as a limited edition but I don't think I purchased it until 2004! I just took the wrapper off this morning, so I think this qualifies! The only other info on it is "Ana's Basket"...


I stamped the image with brown craft ink and embossed with clear powder...added gold brads to the front, cut primitive hearts (Sizzix) from chipboard and paper, used my crop-o-dile to punch holes in them, adhered a gold eyelet to the red heart (you can't see it but it's there!) and ran gingham ribbon around the basket and through the holes. Attached the hearts to the basket with double-sided tape. Oh, I also brushed the basket with close to cocoa (SU!) ink and cotton ball after embossing. I folded the basket, used double sided tape to keep the sides together (I figure the ribbon will help with that too). I cut my Sizzlit tags from shirt cardboard and paper, inserted another gold eyelet and tied with ribbon to the handle. Sweet is stamped with 1/4 in snap stamps...I stamped each letter separately as "snapped" together they would not have fit. The basket is filled with kisses but as you can probably tell cannot stand on its own...

We have a busy weekend ahead but I plan to have my soup can scarf tutorial up by Monday at the latest...this is my first so bear with me! I hope you are enjoying your visits so far. I'm having fun with it...I hope you are too. Thanks for stopping by. See you soon...

1 comment:

Chriserendipity said...

How adorable is that, Cathy? You've done a great job on putting it together with all those special details. Perfect for Valentines!
Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails