Thursday, January 4, 2007

Successful attempt...

I couldn't stand it any longer...I had to give the foam stamps I posted earlier a whirl! This was the first thing that came to mind when I took these BIG lips out of the bag this morning!

What do you think? It's a big card - still a standard size - but bigger than my usual! It measures 5 x 6.5 in. I consider myself somewhat of a lazy stamper because I don't emboss quite as much as I probably should. These lips just called out for embossing though!! I stamped them in red craft ink, embossed them with clear powder, outlined them with an SU! real red marker cut them out, mounted them on black, cut them out again, outlined the red with my new Sakura clear glitter pen and then mounted them again on white and cut them out...just so they would stand out a little more against the red/black background. They are very shiny and slippery!! :-)
Print Pattern (SU!) is stamped in black on red, used a cotton ball with black ink to soften the edges and then pierced in groups of three. The SWAK is stamped with 1/4 in snap stamps and the circle is mounted on a cuttlebug slider...I used my white gel pen for faux stitching and heart doodles on the black panel. Of course I had to add a jewel or two...one under SWAK and one at the top of the lips...for glisten!!! ;-)
The lips and the slider are popped on leftover stamp rubber.
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails