Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Thank you, I think!

This is for todays color challenge on SCS found here:

using pink passion, gable green and lavender lace...

I needed a quick thank you card (for a fellow SCS'er) and this was my closest interpretation of the challenge...since I don't actually have any of those colors in SU! paper. I decided to use a pre-fab card (which I hardly ever do and probably the reason I have a stockpile of them!!) Why is it the "quick" cards always turn into the long drawn out ones?! My initial plan was to marker the flowers by Inkadinkadoo, mount the shimmer paper oval on my lavender and pop dot them with the ribbon tied to the side of the lavender and mount them on the front of the card in the same location they are right now...after stamping the sentiment (a Michaels $1 stamp) I decided it looked too plain so I whipped out my cuttlebug embossing folder, ran it through my sizzix and ugh! it gave my card a distressed look, which is not what I was looking for but waste not, want not!!! Then I decided to mount my focal point on the inside by cutting the same size oval out of the front of the card...the ribbon (Offray/Walmart) was removed and then tied on the front...I also outlined the thank you with my stardust pen...all in all, I guess it's not too bad...it may just be that I'm not used to such a bold colored card...with no layers! It was also very hard to photograph - it always seemed blinding, but finally I found a shot I could live with! Silvia...I hope you like it!!! ;-)
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails