Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Variation on a theme!

I hope you are enjoying my scarf tutorial and that it is clear and easy to understand! For those of you interested in making something in addition to a scarf or like the idea of having a scarf/belt combo, this is for you!


Rather than using a chunky soup container try instead using a "soup at hand" or other tall container like this:


Same instructions apply but your final piece will be much narrower.

DD is modeling her belt made from one strand of "regular" rainbow yarn...

Note: all kinds of different containers can be used for this craft - just make sure the container is study enough to hold the yarn and that the "hills" are stiff - I tried making a wider scarf for dh with a cool whip (store brand) container and although it was a great size, the container itself was very flimsy and the hills kept bending...needless to say I had an awful time trying to remove the scarf when it was done!

I hope to get back to posting some cards/paper crafts soon...things are busy here and "other stuff" keeps getting in the way of my crafting! I've also just assigned myself the HUGE project of making a heritage scrapbook for my side of the family...my mom brought over two shopping bags of photos, etc yesterday - much more than I ever expected her to have!! What was I thinking?! It will be a slow process but worth it in the end, I'm sure...

The color challenge on SCS is being posted late today so I'm not sure if I'll get to it, but I'll try...today is my day to help at dd#2's brownie meeting...we're making birthday cards for the local convalescent home - boy, my sizzix machine sure does come in handy at times like these!!!

See you soon...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails