Thursday, February 15, 2007

World Wide Inspiration...

that was the basis of the ways to use it challenge on SCS today...to find inspiration on the world wide web...it was a busy day here today, catching up from the snow day and a delayed school opening so I made a quickie! Here is the challenge:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224686

and here is my card...

My inspiration came from this site/link:

http://www.bhgscrapbooksetc.com/tech...class_ss7.html

How handy that dd#2 rec'd a color explosion notebook this Xmas and has only used a page or two...so I figured I would put a page or two to use myself!! First I punched my scallop and then I stamped this flower image from DRS Designs on it with white craft ink...I then traced around the image outline with the color explosion marker...I mounted the scallop on white and pink and pierced both. Since the focal point was a little flashy I did the rest of the card pretty basic. I used my scallop blade on my paper trimmer to cut the black strip and pierced that as well. I added a MM large brad to the flower center...it's amazing how one little (or big) brad can really dress things up - I then added a jewel on top and then a few more on the card itself...it still looked a little plain so I added hello with my 1/4 in snap stamps. Oh, and I can't forget my ribbon!!

**Here's a tip! In order to conserve on ribbon I cut my ribbon the length of my black strip and adhered it to the back...I then cut just a small piece to run under the ribbon and tie - rather than wrapping around the whole card and then tying...food for thought!

Speaking of food, it's that time again!! What to have for dinner...do you agonize over that each day too? Please tell me I'm not alone!!!

I have a busy night ahead...working on some cards, gathering some blog candy items.... :-) oh, and my two favorite shows are on...Greys Anatomy and Men In Trees!

See you soon...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! I love it! I wasn't able to access the website that you listed getting your inspiration from.
Shelley

Allison Rankin said...

This is very cool...it's funny what triggers inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails