Monday, February 26, 2007

Cool Technique...

Today's Technique Challenge over on SCS was to "blur the lines" so to speak! You can find the specifics here:

All images on these cards are by DRS Designs - find their link on the right...



There are five flower images on this stamp but I decided to marker three, stamp them, and then marker another on a separate piece of cardstock. I mounted the single flower on green and purple and then "popped" it on leftover stamp rubber. I then took my Q-tip dipped in water and ran over the images...for the blurred effect. The focal panel is popped as well. I stamped the background in certainly celery on certainly celery and popped that piece too. As you can see the sentiment is from a multi sentiment stamp...I inked the one I wanted with my marker and stamped...I did pretty good lining it up too since I did this after the fact!! I pierced a line below the sentiment and added my ribbon. I added just a snip of green ribbon before tying my purple ribbon in a knot. Of course, it didn't seem complete until I added my jewels!!

I had been eyeing this scrap of dark teal/turquoise? for a few days and knew I wanted to stamp the swirl/flourish in black and highlight with my white gel pen...so that is what I did! I had fun with this technique and wanted to try it again...I used regular white cardstock on both of these by the way...

I used my slit punch to make ticket corners and added swirls in the spaces that were left. The main focal point is popped...I pierced the black on the side and the white on the top...The large flowers were inked in tempting turquoise and the smaller ones in black stazon...I outlined the black flowers with my TT marker and then used the Q-tip with water to soften/blue all the turquoise areas. I stamped my swirl/flourish in certainly celery for the leaf effect! I added jewels to the large flower centers and used my stardust pen to the smaller centers. I made my own photo corners from a square punch and layered them. I stapled on some gingham ribbon in the corner. I don't use staples very often but I thought it worked with this card.

**If anyone out there knows how I can ALWAYS upload my photos so that when you click on it it opens up for a close up view - can you please share with me how to do that?! Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it is purely by chance when it works properly...I would very much appreciate any help you can give me!!!***

Hope you have a great week - our winter break was extended by a day here today due to a snowstorm overnight! Here's hoping they go back to school tomorrow!!!

See you soon...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are both great - I love the "blurred edges"! Sorry I can't help with the photo issues, but I don't have a blog yet - I'm too lazy to keep it updated!

Allison Rankin said...

These are terrific...great color choices on both!

Related Posts with Thumbnails