Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What a great combo...

Today is color challenge day over at SCS - what a great combo today...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228157

I obviously like it since I made three cards with it...either that or I'm too lazy to gather up new supplies once I start "working"! No, I think I liked it...plus I did make one other card that was not in the combo!!

So, here goes with the first...
All images today are DRS Designs - link is on the right...



This is one boot from a stamp of two boots! I decided to stamp it, use the "blurring" technique from yesterday and masked the flowers that I used on yesterdays first card. I used my slit punch to make the ticket corners and used a silver gel pen in the space remaining. I thought I would be clever and make this a "western" Easter card!! Maybe I was just home with the kids too long with winter break, a snow day and then a late opening this am.!! I have had quite a few nice comments so I'm guessing I wasn't too far off! I used the DRS plaid background stamp on the purple layer - I inked it and stamped it once...I did some piercing...something I've been doing alot lately! I added some jewels and a Prima with a jewel center...the sentiment is raised. I also added a brad on the boot...


Next up is a western wedding card!! I stamped both boots this time in blue and then stamped the sentiment over it in purple craft and heat embossed it with clear powder. This time I added a heart brad to each boot.



I once again used my flower stamp...and used one side of my card edger plus stamp for the diamonds on the blue strip...I pierced...again! and added some faux stitching with my white gel pen. The flower centers are highlighted with my Stardust pen.

This is the last one for today using this color combo, but I'll have to make a note of it so I can do more in the future. This one is a baby boy congrats card...

I stamped the sentiment on the card front in blue and used the same color on the shoes - I blurred these as well. I saw a card layout in the SU! Spring mini that liked so I used that for my inspiration. I pierced this one as well - surprised?!


And last but not least...I did a baby boy card so I had to be fair and do a baby girl card!!

This layout was also inspired by one I saw in the Spring Mini...I embossed the dots and stamped just one of my new favorite flower in the corner! Since I didn't have room to use the shoe stamp as it was intended, I inked one of the shoes, stamped it, and then inked again and stamped it right next to the first one. I pierced and did some faux stitching...again!
All in all it appears to have been a productive day! Which is surprising because my dh and kids bought me a Webkinz last week...do you have one or two? My kids have a bunch, dh has one...and now I have one! I guess I can't yell at them about always being on the computer anymore playing on that site...I find I am on it quite a bit now too...taking care of my pet, trying to win money to support it and buy it things! What is happening to me? I have too much to do to be playing like this!! It is fun...and they are cute! If you haven't heard of them... www.webkinz.com
Check them out!!!
Tomorrow is the sketch challenge...can't wait to see what is in store for us! Fun, fun fun!!
See you soon...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the cards. Each color is unique in it's own way. TFS

Anonymous said...

Beuatiful job! I especially like your attention to detail in the interesting corners. The boot was so sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails