Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Weekend!

Well, we survived bowling yesterday...the youngest player in the group of 4 kids won if you can believe that!! Although I think they had more fun trying to get stuffed animals from the claw machines than they did the actual bowling! Oh well...to be a kid again!!!

When we returned I was able to squeeze a couple of cards in...
This one was the for Friday challenge - limited supplies - to used leftover ribbon pieces - I have plenty of those! You can find the challenge here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226971
it also qualified for the Thursday Ways to Use It Challenge - sponging - found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226757


One of my new DRS Designs stamps - isn't the image pretty! I stamped it on watercolor paper with black stazon and then water colored it. I used my script cuttlebug embossing folder and sponged over the raised areas with my chocolate chip ink...I stamped the leaf side of my DRS card edger plus stamp for the lower portion...in the same ink and then sponged below it. I had some left over goldenrod ribbon and some gingham snips that I adhered with brads. The main focal point is raised on leftover stamp rubber although it is hard to tell from the photo. Before attaching the brads I sponged the image lightly with my brown ink and then stamped my versamark pad over the whole image (direct to paper), poured on some clear embossing powder and heated it. Very shiny...again, you just can't see it in the photo...

Another that combines both challenges:

I fell in love with bear when I saw him! Again the image and sentiment are DRS Designs...I stamped the sentiment and embossed it on purple paper and then stamped my dotted background in a light purple. I then stamped my bear on watercolor paper and cut out the square to reveal the sentiment. The watercolor paper is raised on leftover stamp rubber. I doodled around the opening with my marker and then sponged to soften the look.

I water colored my bear using the ink on my stamp lids. I found some purple dotted organdy at Walmart this week and thought it would go nicely...it wasn't a leftover piece but I cut a small enough piece for it to qualify for the challenge...I used my SU! horizontal slot punch for the hole. The left corner looked a little empty so I pierced it. A good get well or I'm sorry card...I think!

In between basketball games I decided to scrapbook today. I'm a little behind! I told my Mom I would do a heritage book of her/my side of the family...I am two pages into it...I did one today!! I'm a slow scrapbooker!! Of course when I say it took me a day I don't mean a solid day because I never have a solid chunk of time it seems! Something is better than nothing though...right?! I'll have to post a page or two in the future - Mom was able to recover some pictures taken in the late 1800's and early 1900's! What a history lesson it will be for the kids (and myself) once it's completed!

Have a good rest of the weekend...See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails