Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I survived!

The snow day that is!! I'm guessing school may be delayed tomorrow so I figured I would get this post in now, while I can!! I made a couple cards for today's sketch challenge found here:

All images used on the cards are by DRS Designs...link found on the right tool bar!

First is my lucky man card! I decided to stamp him on watercolor paper and color him in with watercolors...I then masked him and sponged around him with blue and green for sky and grass. It's hard to tell from the photo but the dark green piece is stamped with a dot background and some of the circles are highlighted with my Stardust pen...He needed some sort of "frame" so I doodled around the outside of the sponging with my black marker...I used the SU! word window punch on the top and bottom, adhered with gold brads and added some gold ribbon...every Leprechaun needs gold right?! His buckles are also highlighted with my stardust pen. Th edges of the mats looked a little plain so I clipped them with my slit punch to make ticket corners.

I couldn't resist another try with my flourish/swirl!! Same sketch challenge but this time with lighter colors. I stamped the flourish in bliss blue on white and outline the centers of the swirls with my Stardust pen...I stamped my flowers on blue with navy, cut them out and adhered jewels for the centers...the two smaller flowers are popped on leftover stamp rubber. I sponged some pretty in pink ink around the flourish and since it still looked a little plain, stamped the smaller of the two flowers in pretty in pink ink.

I punched a circle from light blue, cut it in half and adhered that to the side with some thin organdy white ribbon. The far sides are stamped with a card edger stamp from DRS - very cool. In an upcoming post I will highlight this stamp so you can get a closer look at it. You can't really see, but I pierced in between each diamond and then did some faux stitching on each side next to the dark blue with my white gel pen. The half circle is also outlined with the white gel pen. I pierced the two opposite corners of the white panel as well.

One more for tonight...

Lucky mans vivid twin! I just had to give him one more try - this time coloring him with markers! I think I like this one better! He and his black mat are raised on leftover stamp rubber...the green and brown background are stamped with "plaid" stamps by DRS - two more stamps I will highlight in upcoming posts...again I used my slit punch to dress up the corners with the ticket punch look. I adhered some black grosgrain ribbon over the paper seam. His buckles, buttons and eyes are twinkling from my Stardust pen! Did you check out his socks?! (For some reason I can't get the photo to open when you click on it...if you really want to see check out my post in my SCS gallery - link on the right...) Pretty snazzy, huh?! (for those of you who don't feel like clicking out....he has red striped socks on!!!)

Well, I hope you had a good Valentines Day! Don't forget to keep checking back for an upcoming blog candy post...

See you soon...

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

I love what you did here but the second one is my fav...I have such a leaning towards cards with shades of blue and pretty flourishes lately!

Related Posts with Thumbnails