Monday, March 12, 2007

A new challenge!

A new Sunday challenge has been added over the last few weeks - the Featured Stamper Challenge! You can find the link to this week here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231530

This week the featured stamper is Toy - you can find her gallery link in the link above. This is my submission for the challenge - here is the card I was inspired by:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=442994&cat=500&ppuser=11437


All images are by DRS Designs - link on the right...
I chose to stick with similar colors and layout for my card...I stamped the sentiment with craft ink and clear embossed it on speckle paper. I used my swirl cuttlebug folder on the top portion of my blue layer, leaving just enough for my card edger of hearts to fit. I stamped the hearts in chocolate chip ink. The sentiment and its mat are raised up and the only thin brown ribbon I had was rick rack so I used that! I stamped the rose on SU! shimmer paper, water colored it and then cut it out...I mounted it on the same piece as the sentiment. I then stamped it again, colored it and cut out the two leaves and bud separately and mounted those with tiny pop dots. I added three antiqued brads and used my SU! slit punch on the corners...no piercing and no jewels!!!

Hope all is well for your week ahead...see you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails