Monday, April 9, 2007

Back in the swing Monday...

I only squeaked out only one card today!! For the technique challenge on SCS - reverse masking...


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

All images are by DRS Designs - link on the right...

The tutorial for this technique used a frame stamp...I don't have a DRS frame stamp, but I do have one of two "plaid" stamps...I chose the thinner stripped one for this card...I made a "frame" and masked the frame with post its and then stamped my flower inside...I then made a mask of the flower and sponged on the blue. The flower centers and dots in the card corners are hole punches. I stamped the same flower in black on pink, cut them out and adhered them to the card - their centers are jewels. The sentiment is stamped on the inside oval of a bookplate, shadowed with another oval and popped. I added some ribbon scraps as well and attached them with a black brad.

I spent the time between dance and dinner organizing my clear stamps into cd cases. I also found a two pack storage unit at Target on sale...it is one of those white cube things...a two pack for $25...I thought that was a good deal...some of the other units were the same price but for only one section...I figured since I was organizing my messy desk, I might as well organize the stamps into a few cases instead of dozens (or so it seems) of those little packages they come in...I wonder if I will ever be organized enough to say, "I'm finally organized the way I want to be!!" I guess the only way that would happen is if I invested in one of those craft desk, counter/cabinet systems...like that's ever going to happen - at a reasonable price!!!

I hope your week is off to a good start and if not that it improves...I speak from experience!!! It's been one of those days!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails