Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Colorful Tuesday...

I just want to say that I love SU!'s Real Red! It is so hard to find a nice red and they have really hit it on the nose with this one...the only problem I have is that it is hard to photograph - but maybe that's just me!! Today was the color challenge over on SCS:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239259

What a great combo! Here is my first...
These images are by DRS Designs - link on the right...
I love this butterfly image but I honestly did not feel like coloring today! So...I found a piece of patterned paper in one of my Provo Craft slabs that was close to sage and stamped on that with black craft and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I watercolor a little bit of red on the image to give it a little umph!

I matted the image several times and wrapped some gold cord around it. I cut a strip of sage, cut it with my scallop scissors and adhered some black rick rick I found at Michaels on top of that! The red panel is raised on pop dots as well as the focal point. I added some gold brads to the sage panel. It is hard to tell in the photo but I stamped the lower portion of the card with my stained glass stamp in red...just for something different! I used my slit punch on the upper corners and added some piercing.

My next one is stamped with some clear stamps I found at Joanns a few weeks ago. I really like the design - funky flowers with some words, the thinking of you sentiment and some solid images like squares and solid leaves, etc... What I don't like about them so far is they don't stick all that well! The stem kept flopping off my block...maybe I just need to clean them (although I just opened them)...we'll see. The image they produce is clear though so I guess I can deal with some floppiness!

Doesn't it look warm outside?? It's not! They say we may get some snow here in CT this week - gosh, I hope not!! I am ready for Spring...please!!! Sorry, got off track there...for the focal point on this one I stamped off the background flowers and then stamped my popped images on scraps and cut them out and then...popped them! I used my 1/8in hole punch for the flower centers...I adhered them with my two way glue pen. I embossed just one side of the card and then added some ribbon. I made some photo corners...adhered one with a brad and voila!

I found an easy way to make photo corners...maybe I saw a tutorial or saw some mention of how to do it...I really don't remember now (its also possible that I combined assorted tips) but I think I may do a tutorial very soon...so stay tuned...I'm also working another blog candy giveaway...just in time for the graduation season that is approaching quicker than we think!

See you soon...


4 comments:

Doris said...

Same thing here in NJ--brrr... Coldest temps for this date on record! Your card is beautiful, and photographing in the sunlight really brought out the texture.

Pat said...

Absolutely love the flower card. Just the right amount of detail to really make it POP!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card - love the popped up flowers. TFS

http://celebrationmoments.typepad.com/

Machin Stamps said...

Hi, this is the first time ever I've commented on a blog, so here's hoping I get it right!

I've got a beautiful stamp of a Koi emerging from swirling waters and no matter how I've used it it has always looked incomplete. So I must thank-you for your inspirational layout for your butterfly card. The cord was just the right touch

Related Posts with Thumbnails