Thursday, April 12, 2007

A marker day...

For those of you that blog...do you sometimes have trouble coming up with titles? I realize some of mine can be a little hokey but sometimes it's just hard to come up with something catchy!!! Anywho...today is Thursday, the ways to use it challenge on SCS - to use...you guessed it...markers!!!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239839

I finally got one done! I was a little busy today with work and it was such a dreary day here that all I wanted to do was stamp and I couldn't! But, I finally found a chance after dinner!

All images on this card by DRS Designs...link on the right...new images are available so be sure to check them out! This cherry image is one of them...
I used the sketch from yesterday...it's funny, when I first saw the sketch I thought....oh, no, not a complicated one...but once I sat down to work with it yesterday it really is an easy one that just looks involved! Hence, three cards in two days using the same sketch or a variation thereof! I colored the cherries with my markers of course...then I used my script embossing folder and rubbed lightly over the raised areas with my close to cocoa ink pad. The focal point is raised on pop dots and I added some piercing around it. The white layer is stamped with a leaf image in sage and then "distressed" with close to cocoa ink. I stamped the same leaf image on the red panel in red ink. I distressed most of the edges of all the layers and added a snipet of ribbon.

Tomorrow is the first day of spring break here...we'll be around so posting should continue as usual! It seems like they just had their winter break! What to do, what to do...it would be nice if it was a warm spring break but it doesn't look like it's going to get out of the 50's until they go back to school...great! Wish me luck...

See you soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute and cheery cherry! The red really pops.

Related Posts with Thumbnails