Thursday, April 19, 2007

Metallic Thursday!

Another day, another challenge! Today's challenge was on SCS...the ways to use it challenge... to use metal of some sort...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241736

Here are my two submissions to the challenge...

I made both with combo #1 of this weeks color challenge...for some reason I just never made it over to combo #2!
First is a communion card...images are by DRS Designs - link on the right!
I also combined this one with the sketch challenge for the week but flipped it!

The chalice was stamped with silver craft ink and then embossed with silver powder...that portion is raised on pop dots as well. The sentiment is simply stamped in black. The background is embossed with no other stamping...I used a creative memories scalloped corner rounder for the corners. It might be hard to tell but I colored the cross in with my Stardust pen.

#2 for today is a sympathy card...in light of this weeks horrible event, I thought it was appropriate. These colors really work well for this type of card, I think.

I used the same dove on a card earlier in the week...this time I stamped it in tempting turquoise and then I stamped the sentiment with black craft and embossed it with clear powder...note to self: Get some black powder!!! Things might show up better!!! duh! Moving along...The main image is popped and I added some aluminum looking eyelets. I cut the top and bottom scallops with scissors...I have a blade on my cutter but I was too lazy to get up and change it! One of those days!! The background is embossed with my flower cuttlebug folder...I like this folder but haven't really had occasion to use it...I used the back of the embossed piece for this card and rubbed my new Brilliance white craft pad over it...I like the way it adhered in some areas and not in others...if I did it the regular way with the raised embossing on the front, I think it would have been too noticeable and that is not the effect I was going for with this card. I pierced the upper portion and then added dots in each of the scallops top and bottom with my white gel pen. The ribbon is SU! wide organdy...I've had these clips forever...have no idea where I found them!

See you soon...

1 comment:

StampingontheLakefront said...

You did an awesome job on the challenges and both of these cards are gorgeous.

Have a Happy Friday!

grace

Related Posts with Thumbnails