Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wacky Wednesday...

Well, we're half way through spring break!! Today was a day of errands and just plain getting out of the house!! Of course, everything seems to take longer with two kids in two...even if they are almost 11 and almost 8!! We made it through the day though and I had time for one card...hoping to fit in another one but may not post it until tomorrow...dh's band is practicing in the garage tonight so it's a little loud here and hard to concentrate!! I'll do my best...my workshop is right over them so...we'll see! Here is my card for today's sketch challenge...I received other stamps from DRS today that I think will work great with this sketch...so stay tuned!
The sketch on SCS can be found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241391

I love this image by DRS and figured it would be perfect for the large focal point called for in the sketch...

The background is cranberry crisp by SU!...the used up some scraps of wood grain patterned paper and the focal point is stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored...I mounted that on kraft and then a light tan...I faux stitched around the focal point and added a "sign" to fill in the empty space in the upper corner...The main piece is popped, as well as the sign. I used some linen thread as the hanger for the sign.

As a side note, we made a stop at Michaels today...our local one did not have any new clear $1 stamps that I saw mentioned in the forums at SCS...they did however have a much larger selection of cuttlebug items...I put a few in my cart! Mostly embossing folders...just cant get enough of those! I saw boxes for Martha Stewart merchandise but I couldn't see what was in them! I guess I'll just have to go back in a week or two!!!

Thanks for visiting...see you soon...


2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is a great little scene you composed for the SC!

Amy said...

Great job on this challenge! I can't wait to tackle it this weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails