Monday, April 2, 2007

Weekend Fun and a Monday Challenge...

Even though it was a busy weekend, I was able to get quite a bit of card making done...same goes for today as well. There are a bunch of photos so I will not to be too wordy!!! If I leave you with questions, please leave a comment or send me an email and I will respond right away!
First, the weekend:

All images from the weekend are by DRS Designs - link on the right - don't forget their discontinued stamp list will only be available until 4/15 - don't wait, you don't want to miss out on some great images!!

I love this flower stamp - on this card I used it in it's entirety...I stamped on white, sponged around the outside with pretty in pink ink and water colored the flowers. I added a dab of crystal effects and dazzling diamonds to the flower centers. I set the focal point a little off center and pierced in the open space. The black circles are made with my 1/8in circle punch...punched them and glued them on! I used some patterned paper (one of my new years resolutions!). The sentiment is part of a multiple birthday sentiment stamp - just inked the one I wanted with marker and punched it out with the SU! word window punch.

This next one uses a portion of the stamp used above...I sponged my card with bliss blue ink...first I punched my scallop from copy paper and then layed it over my card base...sponged on the blue and the stamped my image...all while the mask was in place. I colored the leaves with marker and the petals with my white gel pen. Jewels on the flower centers. Wrapped some ribbon around...the sentiment is from the same multiple sentiment stamp...just a different font!

I used my decorative scissors on the bottom and then added some blue to dress it up.

I found some bandanna paper in my scrap pile and thought it would be perfect with these boots! The boots were stamped with craft ink and then embossed, cut out and placed together...the diamonds are a card edger stamp (two stamps in one!) Sentiment is again from the same birthday sentiment stamp - very versatile!!

I wrapped some hemp around the bandanna squares - the bottom one looks like a lasso -that was by accident! It was the end that was wrapped around the rest of the hemp in the package!!! I pierced on the edges and in the center.

Today was the technique challenge on SCS:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237381

What a fun technique and easy too!

My first one uses the DRS butterfly you've seen recently...I used my Happy Easter stamp to rub on the chocolate chip ink! I stamped the leaves in certainly celery...I rummaged around in my scrap pile for the color combo! I like it!

The flowers in the corner are a mixture of silk (white) and primas...coral! I used some yellow jewels in the centers to match the butterfly. I also used my swirl embossing folder for the center panel. Some SU! organdy ribbon finished it off along with some piercing!

This one was little iffy as I was progressing through it, but I'm happy with the outcome!

I used my SU! big blossom...I stamped it in pink passion and cut it out. I stamped another in pretty in pink and rubbed one of the little pieces flowers over it in positively pink and cut that out. I stamped print pattern on celery and used the same flower to rub over the celery ink.

The leaves are sizzix...the stamps are Michaels $1 clear...I faux stitched with my white gel pen and went over the leaf perforations with my stardust pen. The flower center is a cool punch I found at Target last week...I added some dazzling diamonds to the holes in the flower center. I added a jewel brad for the punch center.

So there you have it! I'll be back tomorrow! I have a bunch of notes all around my desk of ideas that keep popping in my head! Does that happen to you...you have a whole bunch of ideas some days/weeks and then other weeks - dry as a bone?!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails