Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just one...

again today! Ugh - another busy day of work AND bringing the car for an oil change! Don't these "things" know I have cards to make?! Oh well, I was able to squeeze in my submission for today's color challenge found here:
What a great combo!

here is my card...


This is the yet uninked (until now) Amish image from DRS Designs that I mentioned over the weekend...I thought it would be perfect for the vintage violet - different than the usual black or brown that I would normally gravitate to for this image...I'm pretty pleased...I wanted to keep the overall card simple because of the image and what it represents. I hope I did that!

I used one of the DRS card edgers on two sides - one in certainly celery and the other vintage violet. The focal point is raised and I paper pierced the focal point and faux stitched...I also paper pierced one corner. I added the three snipets of ribbon for a little zip!

I noticed a thread over on SCS today asking which challenge is everyones favorite...I guess I would have to say the sketch challenge...it's always nice to get a new idea and also to see other stampers interpretation of that sketch. And on that note...I will be back tomorrow (I hope) with my sketch challenge card for the week (or dare I hope for more than one card?! We'll see!)

Thanks for stopping in, see you soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The card looks great!! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you create with the DRS stamps!! TFS! (I just saw your blog on SCS and thought I'd stop by!! I just subscribed!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails